Thursday, February 7, 2008

All things considered, the Atenolol is working pretty well. The crazy side effects have subsided except for the dreams, but I'm used to that, and the being slightly chilly all the time. My appetite has managed to find a balance between hunger and not, which is good (although it tends on the "not" side). So yeah, I'm adjusting pretty well.

However, I still have POTS and that means I don't have as much energy to work with as everyone else. This semester I think I bit off WAY more than I can chew (16 hours of classes two of which are cross listed as graduate level, concert band, pep band, 10 hours of work per week and volunteering for a presidential campaign). That's a pretty heavy load for the normal ones among us but for someone with POTS it's pretty damn ridiculous. So I think I'm going to have significantly reduce or eliminate my involvement with the pep band. It's not like I'll be able to go on any of the trips this year what with classes being as crazy as they are (I'm not kidding when I say that my spring break will be spent working). I would reduce my volunteer involvement except that it's mandatory volunteering for one of my classes and I have to get 45 hours in by the end of the semester. Concert band is my stress release and quitting work isn't something I'm prepared to think about.

No comments: