Saturday, April 19, 2008

Summer Challenges

With the weather in Pittsburgh FINALLY getting nice (read: not raining/snowing every day, you can actually see the sun and you don't need a jacket to leave the house), comes a whole new set of POTS challenges. With warming weather, one's veins don't constrict as much, leading my blood to hang out in my legs even with compression tights most days. It's frustrating and tiring, which probably explains why I've spent most summers being extremely lazy.

Yesterday I left the house to go to another friend's house wearing shorts and a tank top. I realized that this was probably the first anyone other than my roommates has actually seen of my leg since September, when I started wearing the tights.

My semester wraps up on Wednesday evening, though for some reason I keep feeling like I'm done with nothing else to do, which is far from the truth. I still have two papers to finish and three presentations to give. I guess I'm not used to having no actual "finals" during finals week.

On April 30 my roommates and I are leaving for a two week camping trip to Maine in Acadia National Forest. I'm going to keep my contact with the outside world limited to the a couple of phone calls to my parents.

1 comment:

Chronically Katie said...

I just wanted to leave a comment saying "hi" and to tel you I have POTS too. I love the name of your blog! Hope all is well for you and you are not too POTSy today! Hopefully, I'll here from you soon!

Katie

www.thedizzydarling.blogspot.com