Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Meds

And so now for my second installment of my POTS blog, medicines. Here's my current cocktail:

Paxil CR- 25 mg (anxiety)
Glyset- 25 mg (hypoglycemia... goes along with the POTS)
Florinef 0.1 mg (POTS... it's an oral steroid that ups my sodium count, thus upping my blood volume)
Kariva- baby-go-away pills
OTC allergy meds
Multivitamins

I've considered going off the Paxil, however withdrawal is such a beast that I just don't have the time nor the energy or it. I've run out a couple of times and it was NOT fun. I could withdraw over vacations but spending a vacation feeling like little electric shocks are going through my body? No thanks.

After some recent medical testing, I might be started on a low dose beta-blocker. This suppresses adrenaline... an abundance of adrenaline can cause POTS-y symptoms. From what I've read, this can either be a Godsend or a Devilsend for POTS patients... it really depends on the root cause.

No comments: