Wednesday, December 26, 2007

A POTS Patient's Holiday Wishlist

Well, I hope everyone out there had a good time today. I know I did. Three houses opening presents, a meal to die for and I'm spent. I got a lot of neat stuff, but there are medical things I want/need that I was too embarrassed to ask for. I don't know why. However, I got a sizable money loot with which I will hopefully procure these items. So here are the few things on my POTS patient wish list.

This adorable cane
Isn't this cane a beauty? I've been eying it since I bought my first cane in August. It's a but pricey, but it folds up and is oh so gorgeous.

Ice friendly Cane Tip
I live in Pittsburgh. It gets icy and sometimes not that easy to navigate.

Compression Tights
You can NEVER have too many of these... especially if you're as lazy as I am about doing laundry. I use compression level 30-40, which is what's recommended for POTS. I tried 20-30 and it helped a little, but not as much as I was hoping for. 30-40 is a beast to get on in the mornings (I didn't even wear them today) but quite worth it. They're also pricier and harder to find than the other varieties. I recommend this company for compression tights. They're less expensive than the leading brands, good selection and they're pretty good quality.

Med Tee's POTS Tee
When I found this site the other day I doubted they'd have anything POTS or dysautonomia related, but I was pleasantly surprised when I found this shirt. A POTS shirt! How awesome is that? It's under heart disease instead of neurological, but oh well.

No comments: