Thursday, December 20, 2007

Shopping? Ugh.

Thanks to POTS I may be one of the rare few of the female kind that doesn't like to shop. I generally don't go out of my way to go shopping in Pittsburgh... I don't have a car and I live in the city. Most of the shopping centers are in the suburbs and not pedestrian friendly. It takes a pretty good chunk of ones afternoon to negotiate a shopping trip... time I don't have.

However, I'm in North Carolina for the holidays and the only thing my friends and I could think of to do was shop. So we loaded up and drove an hour to a mall in Charlotte. I had my energy for a good little while... as long as we kept moving. My one friend got sucked into Wet Seal and with her, once she goes in, fat chance of getting her out for a while. Of course not many of the clothes there interested me, so all there was to do was stand around. Standing around makes me light headed, weak, cranky, and hot. At this point I'm relying on the cane I carry around with me for such events. Luckily by then we had to leave the mall to get back home for an engagement... as opposed to more standing around.

So yeah, that's why it's hardly ever my idea to go shopping. When I go, I feel like crap.

1 comment:

A said...

Good for your pocket book, bad for trying to feel well, be normal and socialize. :( I don't care for Wet Seal either, he he.