Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Job I Can't have: Professional Mover

Lifting heavy objects plus POTS equals No Good.

North Carolina is in pretty severe drought right now. My family uses a well. If there isn't enough water, the well either dries up or the water filter gets clogged with silt and gunk, causing us to have no water pressure. The gunk is actually ironically enough from recent rainfall we've had, stirring up the silt and whatnot.

However, I didn't know the water was going to crap out on me until halfway through a washing machine cycle. After a couple of hours we realized the water wasn't going to come back so I had to load sopping wet, smelly clothes into a couple of trashbags and haul them to my dad's house, where I proceeded to finish the laundry.

I wasn't having any symptoms today until I had to lift those ridiculously heavy bags and haul them out to the truck. Then my heart started racing and I got kind of dizzy. I shook it off and continued on, but it left me thinking that I should really refrain from lifting heavy objects.

No comments: