Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Well, the Atenolol seems to be working. My POTS symptoms have been dramatically reduced, I have more energy and concentration than I've had in years. Today I was even brave enough to venture out of the house all day WITHOUT my compression tights. And you know what? I was fine.

There are three problems though. None are cause for great concern, but they're definitely strange. I've been more sensitive to cold lately, I've been peeing like a racehorse, and I've never been this hungry in my life. The cold thing and the peeing thing are more just annoying, but the being really hungry thing is kind of concerning. I'm not sure if I can attribute all of this to the Atenolol or if it's from stopping the Florinef, but these are definitely new sensations in my life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm 38 and a mother of 4. Only been dealing with POTS for 4 months. I'm glad there are others. I'm on florineff and Metoprolol (beta blocker). Beta blocker caps your heart rate, makes you feel great. I can't imagine how you managed those 5 misserable years without it. Simply amazing.