Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Withdrawal Day 3 and Possible Allergic Reaction

Today's withdrawal symptoms were pretty mild. My weight loss seems to have settled at around 6 pounds since Friday. I've been pretty clear headed and not too bad off on the POTS symptoms front.

One of my friends came into class today with an absolutely horrid cold. I strongly feel that people with raging colds should do us all a favor and stay home. This semester, as much as I have going on, I can't afford to get sick(er). With this in mind I went to the drugstore to buy some Airborne tablets, which I've never tried.

First of all, it was about the most intense crazy taste I've ever had of anything. Once that subsided I settled in my room. Going to the bathroom a few minutes later I noticed some redness on my face around my mouth. In addition, there was some mild swelling of my lips and maybe a bit of my tongue. Also whenever I stood up there was instant tachycardia. I didn't go to get this checked out because it didn't get worse, just got kind of weird. I asked my roommates if they noticed anything and they agreed that there was some redness and mild swelling. Even now the redness is still there to a lesser extent and I look like I've just put on a bunch of lipstick (my lips in the winter are normally pretty pale). To me, it's not worth going to the ER in the middle of the night in the snow, so I'm gonna sleep on it. I'm guessing this is a mild allergic reaction to the Airborne... unless I've suddenly developed an allergy to arena nachos that takes effect an hour later.

EDIT: So I just looked at the container of Airborne and apparently I was supposed to drop the tablet in water and then drink it instead of eating it whole. Wow. That might explain all this. I really need to start reading labels more often. Today I opened one of my roommate's packages thinking it was mine. Maybe withdrawal from Flornief is making me clearheaded but stupid? Sometimes I wonder how I made to being a Junior in college with a pretty solid GPA.

No comments: